Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Overheard in the Classroom #1

I can't remember what the piece of software was that I was giving the guy a copy of, but this is true recap of how the conversation went.  Keep in mind that this guy was a senior in the IA program.  The program was given to him in a .rar archive.

Him: So how do I install this?
Me: Unpack the archive and run setup.exe
Him: How do I do that? Windows can't open the file.
Me: Download 7zip
Him: Winzip7?
Me: No, 7zip.
Him: Winzip7?

Lets just skip over how long this back and forth went on.

Finally he opens up a browser and Googles Winzip7.  Interestingly enough, 7zip was one of the first couple hits.  I pointed to it and screamed "That one!"  At this point, class started so I don't know how much more pain and suffering was involved in the installation of the program.  But after class, he said he got it installed.


No comments:

Post a Comment