Thursday, April 23, 2015

Overheard at the Office #13

My coworker was on a call with Cisco troubleshooting a completely nonfunctional setup of Cisco Smart CallConnector, and it wasn't very productive this far. Then all of a sudden the Cisco technician had an aha! moment.

Cisco: I've found the problem!
Us: Great, what is it?
Cisco: You guys haven't set up your email server yet. This needs a working email server.
Us: That's odd, this client has been receiving mail on this server for years......
Cisco: Impossible, the mail server isn't up. I can see that it's not working!
Us: Ok, I'll play along..... How can you tell that?
Cisco:  I can't telnet into it on port 25.
Us: Yep, that's by design.
Cisco: Huh?
Us: The server only accepts external traffic from the spam filter on port 25.
Cisco: <silence on the line>
Me: Presses mute and lets out a loud sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment