Saturday, October 3, 2015

Overheard at the office #30

It's about 5:15 on a Friday afternoon, I'm wrapping up something and trying to get out the door. Unfortunately Donald had different ideas and transferred a call over to me.

Caller: I just bought this fax machine and I'm having trouble setting it up.
Me: settles in for a very long call while caller rambles on about $Diety only knows what
Caller: Verbal diarrhea
Me: Finally getting a chance to get a word in. I'm sorry ma'am, where are you calling in from?
Caller: My **** kitchen
Me: OK,which client are you with?
Caller: I'm not a client, I just need you to walk me through setting this **** fax machine up.
Me: I don't think I'm going to be able to help you out if you're not a client. If you just bought it, can't you contact the manufacturer?
Caller: I TRIED! I keep getting all these **** Indian people and I can't understand a **** thing coming out of their **** mouth. Why can't you just help me, it's not that big of a deal.
Me: Where did you get this number?
Caller: Google
Me: Explains to the client about liability, our hourly rate, and the fact that I've just consulted a calendar and it is indeed 2015 and I haven't seen a fax machine, let alone worked on one, in at least a decade.
Caller: Spews out a few more pleasantries and then hangs up
Me: Donald, we don't take random incoming calls from non-clients to support personal equipment.
Donald: Oh, I thought she was from $Client.

Can we get Google to NOT show our page as a result for certain searches?

No comments:

Post a Comment