Saturday, March 5, 2016

Overheard at the Office #38

Not too long after Steven Richard came onboard, I couldn't help but think of that scene in Talladega where Dennit says "Ricky Bobby? He's got two first names!" So I informed Sven that we were giving him the nickname Ricky Bobby and why. Sven was immediately onboard and started calling him Ricky Bobby directly. Steven eventually rage quit after making a lot of threats, in no small part to being called Ricky Bobby constantly. A few weeks later, I was debating the relative merits of a particular firewall line in a Facebook group, and because of my expressed distaste for said firewall, I got a private message from another member of the group who worked for the manufacturer of said firewalls and wanted to talk about my distaste. And I'll swear on a stack of Holy Books of your choosing, his name was Richard Steven (well, reversed from Steven Richards real name of course). We still keep in touch on Facebook, but he has thankfully moved on to bigger and better things since.

No comments:

Post a Comment