Saturday, July 23, 2016

Overheard at the Office #52

Here's a gem to show that IT professionals aren't immune to an occasional WTF comment. The following conversation is between a coworker and I.  The reason I find it so funny is this guy is very smart and has been in the field for years.  Wi-Fi just isn't his specialty.  He had recently set up a wireless bridge for a Blu-ray player in his house he didn't want to run a cat5 cable to.


coworker: Recommend me a good Wi-Fi to Ethernet adapter.  Netflix is constantly buffering over the bridge.
me: Let's rule everything else out first. Do you know you have a good signal in that spot? Have you tried the player on a wired connection?
coworker: No and no.  Let me see about those.....
me: If it looks like I'm avoiding the original question about a Wi-Fi to Ethernet adapter it's because I am. We in the business call such a device a wireless bridge.......
coworker: *face-palming*


Turns out the Wi-Fi signal was just terrible in that spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment